cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomS2020
Regular Visitor

Dataverse: "When a row is selected" is now a legacy trigger?

Hi everyone,

I recently went into Power automate to set up a new Flow for my users. I was hoping to use the "When a row/record is selected" trigger but I can see it's now a legacy trigger.

It looks like for the time being I can still use it, but I'm concerned it will disappear down the line.

Can anyone shed any light as to why this has happened? Is there a better alternative to this trigger anyone can suggest? I'm not aware of any that do the same thing. Most of the time I use this trigger if I want to allow my users to run a Flow, in bulk against X number of records at once.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyAmador
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @TomS2020 

You are right, the Microsoft Dataverse connector has been updated, for now you can continue to use the MS Dataverse (Legacy) connector with its functions, soon you will be able to use those functions in the new connector. 

You can find more information at the link , hope this helps. 

Cheers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AnthonyAmador
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @TomS2020 

You are right, the Microsoft Dataverse connector has been updated, for now you can continue to use the MS Dataverse (Legacy) connector with its functions, soon you will be able to use those functions in the new connector. 

You can find more information at the link , hope this helps. 

Cheers.

View solution in original post

I have to say this continues to be my number one gripe about Flow/Powerapps/Dataverse/ or Whatever its new name is called when someone stumbles upon this post in the future. 

Connectors are continually deprecated, changed without warning (and changed back), etc. Because of this it makes it something very difficult to create important business processes when you have no line of sight on when something could randomly change / break a connector. This is a stark contrast to native workflows in Dynamics 365/CRM (which devs continually try to steer people away from towards Flows). Native WF's in dynamics can work for years without change, and the only possible thing that typically breaks them is understandably major dynamics updates but even that is rare to break native workflows.

Two months later and it still shows legacy and the "new" data verse connector still does not have this. So now as sys admins we are left with only one option to use the developers preferred route of business automation (flows): Develop an important business process on a legacy connector that implies it is deprecated and may stop without warning even in the immediate future.

Seconded.

Also it is very confusing that built-in flow templates in Dynamics CE still direct to the legacy connector (like action cards templates in the sales assistant).. Currently it is inconsitent in many places.

BinduRanjan
Microsoft
Microsoft

Did you find any alternatives for this Issue. Very hesitant to use legacy connectors but not finding other option as well.

PauliT

Is there any news in this issue? I was just looking for update or replacement to old legacy "When a row is selected” but found none. We have been facing weird issues where trigger gets an entity id of previous entity, like it is getting value from browser cache. This could have serious issues in production environment because user has no way check which entity flow is using and data from.

timothym
Advocate I
Advocate I

Nope still using the legacy connector. Even MS Employee above Bindu had the same concerns lol. So not looking promising MS is actually on this..

Eugene

Haha It's very funny to see this issue as "Solved".

What exactly have you solved??? @AnthonyAmador 

I'll tell you more when you are trying to rebuild previously created Flows you can't use the new Dataverse connector. 
So the one way to use a new connector is to build a new Flow!

1. So in case if we have a bunch of processes we need to recreate them just because somebody decided to create a new connector from blank?
Is it legal at all?

@AnthonyAmador is it hard to convert json (of the flow) from one format to another to provide support for previous version?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,324)