cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TK30
Frequent Visitor

Date/Time from Response Summary in wrong time zone

Hello,

I have a flow that is updating an item within a sharepoint list with Response Summary from approval, but the time displayed is the wrong timezone. Is this a sharepoint/approval setting or do I have do edit the time in the flow?  If I have to edit the time please let me know how.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @TK30 

The date/time stored in Response Summary is shown as UTC.

If you want the date/time to show as your time zone, you'll need to use function convertFromUtc() as below:

2.17-2.PNG

convertFromUtc(items('Apply_to_each')?['requestDate'],'Pacific Standard Time')
convertFromUtc(items('Apply_to_each')?['responseDate'],'Pacific Standard Time')

For more info about convertFromUtc() and Microsoft supported time zone:

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please upload the flow picture? SharePoint List Item should be updated with UTC timezone so that it displays your local timezone correctly.

PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you please upload the flow picture? SharePoint List Item should be updated with UTC timezone so that it displays your local timezone correctly.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @TK30 

The date/time stored in Response Summary is shown as UTC.

If you want the date/time to show as your time zone, you'll need to use function convertFromUtc() as below:

2.17-2.PNG

convertFromUtc(items('Apply_to_each')?['requestDate'],'Pacific Standard Time')
convertFromUtc(items('Apply_to_each')?['responseDate'],'Pacific Standard Time')

For more info about convertFromUtc() and Microsoft supported time zone:

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiwenxie-msft ,

Can you further explain on this?

I am having the same requirement but do not how can we update the response summary into sharepoint list with correct timezone.

My Flow design:
1. Use "Create and approval-Create an approval- wait for all responses" and "Wiating for an approval".
2. Multiple approvers in this approval flow.
3. After all approvers response, put the response summary into sharepoint list.

Approval flow.png

Time Zone in Response summary (default timezone):

response summary.png

How to change the timezone and reference in sharepoint.

Note: There are multiple approvers in this flow, we expect insert all approvers response into single field as approver comments.

update sharepoint.png

I have tried this and it still did not convert the response date and request date. Is there a way to have this fixed? 

Here are the codes I inputted for Compose 4 & 5:

Compose 4: convertFromUtc(items('Apply_to_each_6')?['requestDate'],'Taipei Standard Time')
Compose 5: convertFromUtc(items('Apply_to_each_6')?['responseDate'],'Taipei Standard Time')

almapete21_0-1639032004461.png

Did you every find a solution as same thing is happening to me now

chingc1
Regular Visitor

I need help on this topic too. Not sure where to insert the step to convert the time. My response summary not showing local time. Hope to get help from the expert in this forum. Thanks in advance

chingc1_0-1650612176452.png

My Flow:

chingc1_1-1650612494960.png

Blue_Cat82
Frequent Visitor

I am having this issue also, but it only started recently (like last 1 month). The time and date display correctly in the sharepoint list, but in the Approval App it shows as the wrong time. I feel like some master setting changed for this to all of a sudden change. Also the time in the approval app shows at 2022-05-25T23:30:00Z which is not very user friendly. Is there a better way to format it? TIA

I did find a solution by putting the Compose action within the Apply to Each where the output is Response (similar to the solution). It should not be in a separated Apply to Each where you will use it (e.g. putting the converted time in Update Items or sending an email notification)

almapete21_0-1657787080956.png

Here's the pic for reference

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,012)