cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthonyfavata
Frequent Visitor

Date & Time Issue - Forms to Outlook Event

Hello,

I am trying to use Flow to create an event in Outlook based on the fields in a form. Listed within the form, are separate fields for each Date, Start Time & End Time.

If I insert Start Time & End Time as dynamic content within the Create Event (V4), the flow works but the event is created for the current day, and not the true date needed from the original form. The times, however, are accurate. 

I've been reading trying to find a workaround but have came up empty.

Does anyone know how I can filter the correct date/start time & date/end time strings into the Create Event (V4) so that the event populates to Outlook according to the date from the form?

Thank you a ton!

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @anthonyfavata 

In the start time and end time fields, you should use the date filled in the form. Therefore, you should do something like this:

Event.png

You can format the Start Time and End Time using the formula: Event Date T Start Time (separate date and time with a "T" character).

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thank you so much!

This worked - however brings up another question. It won't recognize AM or PM if it is added in the Start & End Time filed within the form. Will I have to ask those submitting to enter times via UTC, or is there a workaround that will recognize AM or PM when added to the end of the field?

Currently if 07:00 is added as Start Time and 10:00 as End Time, it automatically defaults to AM in the Outlook calendar event.

Much appreciated!

Hello @anthonyfavata 

After playing a little bit, I got the flow working using AM/PM format for the time values. I attach the flow:

flow_time.png1. Use the "Convert time zone" action, using the Start Time and End Time form values (in AM/PM format). I am using the same time zone for the source and destination. The output value should be the current date plus the time converted to ISO 8601 format (24h time format). For example, 04:00 PM -> 2020-04-15T16:00:00.

2. After that, we need to get only the time (15:00:00), so we use the split function to separate date and time (we know it because of the "T" character). Then we concatenate this time to the date value of the form, in the same format again (yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss).

3. Create the event with those variable values.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,002)