cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenkinsM
Regular Visitor

Date comparison and ticks

I have a flow that is always triggering because where it compares two dates, one date was calculated using ticks, and the other is a date pulled from SharePoint. It took me a while to figure out that the two will never be equal as long as it is looking at milliseconds. Is there a way to convert the ticks to a date without any "loose change" in the form of ticks?
2 REPLIES 2

@JenkinsM 

Hi there!  Since there are 864 Billion ticks in a day (I've counted), you can divide the number of ticks by that to get the number of days since 1 Jan 1601... but it might be easier format both dates before your date-checking step to whatever you want.  Here's a blog on date math, if that helps.

If you'd rather count the days since NYD 1601, then the formula will look like this: DIV(ticks(body('Convert_Due_Date_to_UTC')) ,864000000000)   - the stuff in red will be your Flow Date.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

this is a bit confusing, i keep seing different dates being thrown around and there is no comment about this in the documentation for the expression.

image.png

the documentation is somewhat unclear, it may be obvious for the C# /.net devs working on power automate itself, but the end-user for power automate often have to deal with a plethora of time handling conventions. e.g. excel serialized time which starts at 1900-01-01 (ps if excel serial is to be used with addDays, then use 1899-12-30).

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,393)