cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmw1130
Post Patron
Post Patron

Date field not accurate

I have a MS Form for a Leave Request, of course the only field available on a form is a Date Field, so I am using a To and From Date field which populates a SharePoint list date/time fields, but the problem is when it send the date from the form to the list, it's a day off.  I've changed the time zone in the settings and it did not change how it is behaving.  I added a Convert Time zone action in my flow and that didn't do anything either.  If I enter 09/28/2021 in the Form, I expect it to add it to the list as 09/28/2021, but it will add it as 09/27/2021, which then adds it to my Group Calendar a day off.  Am I missing something in my flow?

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @kmw1130 

Make sure your Site > Regional Settings

In my case I don't need to convert it other than formatDateTime using yyyy-MM-dd format. What you could do is try converting the time to UTC format and store in SharePoint.

Thanks 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

I've set the Regional Settings to EST and tried the convert UTC time and that didn't work either.  When the date is saved in SharePoint it still a day behind.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,704)