Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cadone
Helper V
Helper V

Date is Good, Time is not

All,

In my flow, I am using current time & convert time to my time zone actions. Flow works well. After running the flow, I verified the flow by expanding the actions. The time / date is prefect in the convert to my zone action.

I do a update item action so the share point list item shows that date/time. Here the date is good. time is about 6 hours slow. I checked the regional setting in the SharePoint site settings. its shows my time zone.

Also, I want to show date & time in 2 separate columns. possible?

What could be wrong with the mismatch?

Why is the time on the 'update item' action writing 6 hours less?

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 11.23.57 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sharepoint stores all date fields in UTC. That is, if you are saving a datetime field in a list, Sharepoint actually converts the time that you selected into UTC, and converts it back to whatever time zone the person is in when retrieving.

So If you wish to write current local time in the SharePoint list, do not convert to your timezone. Just just UTCnow() expression in update item and it will work.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sharepoint stores all date fields in UTC. That is, if you are saving a datetime field in a list, Sharepoint actually converts the time that you selected into UTC, and converts it back to whatever time zone the person is in when retrieving.

So If you wish to write current local time in the SharePoint list, do not convert to your timezone. Just just UTCnow() expression in update item and it will work.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

@PrasadAthalye 

Thank you so much for explaining how the time works with SharePoint. I never knew.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,627)