cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alice1
Frequent Visitor

Date string adding extra character in Google Sheet

For some reason, whenever I use the formatted date, the output of the string shows up on Google Sheet with an extra ' in front of the date. 

It does not happen using just utcNow() and it does not happen if the format is ISO 8601 default. 

Both input and output seem fine without that extra character as well. 

Does anyone know why? Is it a Google Sheet thing when a date is entered? 

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.56.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.56.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.54.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.54.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.54.14 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alice1 ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @alice1 

The ' is the Google Sheets character to signal that it's plain text and should not be considered either a formula or some kind of specific text.

So that's why you're getting that character. I don't use Google Sheets, but is there a way to configure a column as a Date like in Excel?

Hope this helps you.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alice1 ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (53,343)