cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyPatience
Frequent Visitor

Dates suddenly not being recognised in Excel list (which is used to send emails)

Hi all. I have been working my way through a long (easy for most, I am sure) problem - send an email today if today's date matches that in an Excel table. 

I have been using this method -Stuck on getting flow to find todays date in an Excel column and send an email based on that trigger Which was working, but now the last two tests I have put in (with today's date) haven't worked, because Power Automate seems to read the dates as '0' (or '19000100').

Screenshots attached.

Thanks all, for your help.

These are the datesThese are the datesThis one didn't work (last in list)This one didn't work (last in list)This works fineThis works fine

Stuck on getting flow to find todays date in an Excel column and send an email based on that trigger 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @LadyPatience 

The excel date/time formatted data works a little differently when operating with Power Automate. You might want to check out this post here that helps you better understand on how to work with excel date time data in Power Automate: https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-date-time-data-of-excel-in-power-automate

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DeepakS
Super User
Super User

Hi @LadyPatience 

It can happen if your excel date column is empty, you need to add a check before converting empty date number to date. If you share a screen capture of your expression/PA ,i can help you in more details.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @LadyPatience 

The excel date/time formatted data works a little differently when operating with Power Automate. You might want to check out this post here that helps you better understand on how to work with excel date time data in Power Automate: https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-date-time-data-of-excel-in-power-automate

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS! 

View solution in original post

Hi @yashag2255 

Thanks - this has helped. The lines that I was testing on Friday are now working (I checked the format as per your link), but a new one that I have tested today has the same issue, (despite the date format being 'general'). It perhaps doesn't like it when it is entered on the same day (ie entered onto the Excel list on 9th March, with a date of 9th March), although I don't know why that would be. I have added a test for tomorrow, and will see what will happen. 

Thanks again for your help. Power Automate is my new challenge - and I'm enjoying it so far. 

Well, the test today worked. 54 minutes late, but honestly I don't care. As long as the emails actually get sent.

Many thanks to those that helped. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,291)