Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustinR
Frequent Visitor

Dealing with SharePoint Calendars

Hi Team,

So, I'm having a strange issue as follows:

• I have a simple PowerApps App that users can request a booking of our office vehicle. The app triggers a flow which creates an event in a SharePoint calendar and sends an approval request to the vehicle manager. 
  • The problem I am having is that I'm located in Brisbane Australia, so in order to work with the calendar entry I have to convert the user input dates (start and finish) into UTC time before the Create Item action commences - this works fineINputsINputs
  • When the Create Item action fires the input dates and times are correct but in the outputs, it reverses the values 
  • OUTputsOUTputs

I've had a look through all of my work and cannot find where I am stuffing this up. Any suggestions would be very welcome. 

See below for my whole flow up to the create item action

Flow Start.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sudharsan1985 

Thanks for your input. I have found another way around it without using the workflow to create the item. 

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @JustinR 

Once an item is added to the calendar, are you trying to do any action from the output? Also, can you please check your 'Regional settings' of the site where your calendar list resides.

Hope it helps, please like or mark it as a solution if it resolves your issue

-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hi, 

Yes after the item is created the flow sends an approval request to the vehicle manager. From there a condition sends an email to the person who initiated the booking request to inform them that their booking has been either approved or rejected. If the booking is approved, the flow then sets the item as approved in the calendar or if rejected, deletes the entry from the calendar.

Yes I've checked the regional settings and they are set as per my location.

Hi @JustinR 

My suggestion is to covert the date to UTC wherever you are trying to use it even for email. Can you please try converting the date you got from the output of the item created to UTC before sending an email.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue

-Sudharsan K...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hi @sudharsan1985 

Thanks for your input. I have found another way around it without using the workflow to create the item. 

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,549)