cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Default Locale

My language seems to be set to UK English everywhere, in Windows, in Office, in Chrome and Edge, in SharePoint, etc all OK

Power Automate Format Number returns $0.00 where I want £0.00

I can go through and change the locale on all my Formated Numbers but I don't really want to do that. Is it possible to default the locale for Formated Numbers to my system default locale or is that too much to ask?

Thank you for your help.

Guy

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

hi @GuyBoswell did you have configured like this?

engb.png

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata 

I could go through all my format number statements and set the local to en-GB, that does work.

But I don't want to!

I have told my computer I am working in the UK.  Do I really have to go through and tell each variable that I am working in the UK?  Can't that be my default?

What happens if I want to share the flow with somebody who uses a different currency?  It should automatically work for them in their own prefered currency format, without me having to duplicate the whole system and edit all the format numbers in the duplicate with a different locale.

SharePoint, PowerApps, Excel, Outlook, etc all seem to be quite happy to take it as read that I am in the UK - is Power Automate not able to do the same?

Thank you for your help,

Guy

See the think is that some actions that are using convertions needs to know what is going to be the converted resulta. So as you said in the time PA is not able to convert somethig by using your pc config or Outlook or other Platform. 

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,024)