cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterO_82
Regular Visitor

Defining a variable in a switch, accessing it later?

Hi all,

I'm stuck at what I suspect is a rookie problem. Depending on the response from a Forms survey, I want to define groups of users who will receive a chat message. I can do both things individually, but I don't get them to work together.

Basically, I want to set the values of an array in a switch, then use that array later on. But once I'm out of the switch, I can't seem to access the array variable anymore. What to do...?

(In case anyone is wondering: Yes, Microsoft mistranslated "Switch case" as "Capital letters/small letters." That alone took me a while to figure out.)

Clipboard05.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @PeterO_82 

Try using a compose action after your switch with your array and then with the result from your compose, populate your email.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @PeterO_82 

Try using a compose action after your switch with your array and then with the result from your compose, populate your email.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (62,233)