cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pandyav
Level: Power Up

Definition contains invalid parameters

I have an approval flow that was working without any issues. 

Now I am trying to make some minor changes to it, E.g. adding 'Thank you' at the bottom of the email when someone receives an email in approval chain.  After making the changes, when I try to save the flow - I get an error at the top 'Definition contains invalid parameters'.  

I am not sure what could be wrong.  All I am trying to do is to add 'Thank you' in the body of the email that gets sent out as a part of the flow.  I am not making any changes.

Can someone please help me to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Definition contains invalid parameters

Hi pandyav,

According to your description, I create a flow likes below.

In the body field, I add “Thank you” in the bottom. I can save the flow successfully.

And it runs succeed.

3.PNG

Could you try again to create the flow? If possible, please share a screenshot of your flow configuration so that I can reproduce the issue on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pandyav

Hi Mable,

For some reason, I am not able to add the picture of my Flow here.  I click on 'Add Picture' icon and not sure about the next steps of adding the picture here.

It asks me for the source, but there is no way to select the picture I have taken.  Any idea, how can I add a screenshot of my flow in here?

Thanks

Flow

pandyav

Hi Mable,

Please see the screenshot of my flow below.  Again, I have not changed any other part of the flow.  It was running without any issues and when I simply add 'Thank you' in one of the email bodies, I get 'Definition contains invalide parameters' error.

Any idea what could be wrong and how this can be fixed,

Thank you again for your help.

Capture.PNG

sperley
Level: Powered On

I'm having the same experience.  

Created a flow and it's working fine.  Updated the flow to add another step or change an existing step and get the "Definition contains invalid parameters." error message.

I found where the error is though. My flow updates a field on a SharePoint list item but it is now telling me that the title field is required.  The field is required in the list but flow should not be changing the field so I need to leave it blank.  

The weird thing is that it let me create the flow yesterday with it set this way and now any change I try to make tells me this field is now required.

Help?

FLOW-Error.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 110 members 3,297 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: