I'm building out a flow and I'm stuck on one particular action that I can't seem to figure out how to make work. Below, is what my flow is currently doing and how I'm trying to tackle this issue.
1. Flow kicks off at 4:30PM (Central Time) (Completed)
2. Grab SharePoint items (Completed)
3. Sample email gets sent out (Completed)
4. Approval is needed to kick-off condition -> If approved, will kick off a delay until next day at 6AM (Central Time) (NEED HELP)
5. Final email gets sent out
Below, is a image of how I currently have my flow setup.
Try setting the value of your Delay Until action to the following expression.
Here is an alternative approach. I am converting first to Central time in my solution. The reason I do so is that the start of the day in central time may not be the same as the start of the day in UTC time. In other words, the date might be one day ahead in UTC time. Therefore, adding one day may add an extra day to the calculation.
I convert back to UTC because I believe that the date time string passed to delay until must be in UTC.
If this addresses your issue, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my solution, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!