cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyonthemove

Delay until noon Friday

I have a flow that captures my employees' weekly goal.  The employees receive an email through one flow that includes a link to a Microsoft Form for them to complete which then triggers another flow to take that form response and create a new SharePoint list item.  I'm trying to figure out how to have that new list item delay until Friday at noon and then send the email an email to access the list item and provide a recap of that goal.  Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Why wouldn't you use a recurrence trigger that runs the flow on a weekly basis at a set time.

Primarily because the flow has already started and I didn't think you could use a recurrence trigger like that mid-flow.  I'm looking for a started flow to be paused after a couple of steps until Friday at noon.

I woudn't pause flows like that. In general I prefer to keep my flows running for a short period and handle the multiple runs of the flows. In general it simplifies the flows. 

What are you doing to stop the multiple flow  runs on the same item?

I guess I'm thinking of these flows too similar to SharePoint Designer flows where each time the flow is triggered a separate instance of the flow is running?  Would it be more appropriate to instead set a trigger to run at a given recurrence but only run on items that are missing the recap?

With SharePoint Designer only 1 instance of a workflow would run. Whereas with Flow you will find that every update will trigger a flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,071)