cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete, Add and Update Items in a Sharepoint List, based in a Online Excel Table - Using Power Automate

Guys, good afternoon.

Hope you can help me.

I have a very specific but simple (i guess) scenario. 

1. I have a Table, with about 2,000 rows. That table is in a Online Excel for Business Table and is generated by a Query, that takes, filter and clean the data from a .CSV File in the Local Network.

2. Then I have a Sharepoint List, with tha same Columns that the table, plus, other columns that are not in the table.

What are those other columns? - The Sharepoint list, is connected to a Power Apps, where the users will come and answer a lot a questions, so the answers goes to those columns.

The point is, every day, the original table that query data from the network is updated, and some of the registers, remain the same, others are gone, and others are added.

So... Long story short, what do I need is the following, a flow that:

A. Read my rows in the excel file, compare to the rows in the sharepoint list based in one unique columns that is my primary key(ID) in the excel table, and Delete all the rows/items in the sharepoint list that the ID were not found in the excel file. (This way, I will only have in my app the 'valid' items)

B. Read my rows in the excel file, compare to the rows in the sharepoint list based in one unique columns that is my primary key(ID) in the excel table, and Create new items/rows in the sharepoint for the ones they did not found in the sharepoint list.

C. Update the values of all other items that match between Table and List. The problem is: I already found flows that do that, by deleting the item and then adding it again, but in my case I cannot do that, because I cannot lose the answer that the user already sent in the app, so, when the update happens, all the columns of the Sharepoint List that are from the Excel Table are updated but not the columns that are used for the user to answer in the app.

Please if anyone could do this miracle I will be grateful.

Additionally, if the rows that are deleted of the sharepoint in the first part of the Flow, could be saved/stored in a kind of History List or Document/Excel, it would be amazing.

Thank you all.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,848)