cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jshald
Regular Visitor

Delete Item From Sharepoint List - ID Number Lookup

Hi,

I am trying to use power automate to delete a specific item (ID) from a list of items that contains a specific number in the items title column. Since the item ID number is different than the item title number I would like to use something similar to a vlookup where it outputs the ID number of the item that matches the item's title number.

Context: Submitting a form response with Microsoft Forms triggers powerautomate to create a new item in sharepoint with the title name (number) of the low charge battery. After that is done Powerautomate deletes the item (ID #) that contains the title of the battery that is fully charged.

Do I need to create an expression?screeenshot.jpg

Here is a screenshot

listsharepoint.jpg

Thanks,

Jeromy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ekarim2020
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Your Get items would look something like this to get the record:

ekarim2020_3-1627499283195.png

Note the use of single quotes to surround the 'Fully Charged' form field.

Bear in mind that your Title field should be unique or you may end up with duplicate records.

Get Items action will return an array - even if it matches only one record. The ID number for the Delete action will come from the Get Items action.

However, I didn't understand the flow, as it sounds as if after Create an Item action in a SharePoint list, the item in then deleted? There may be an easier way to achieve your desired outcome if you could describe the flow process in a little more detail.

Ellis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ekarim2020
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Your Get items would look something like this to get the record:

ekarim2020_3-1627499283195.png

Note the use of single quotes to surround the 'Fully Charged' form field.

Bear in mind that your Title field should be unique or you may end up with duplicate records.

Get Items action will return an array - even if it matches only one record. The ID number for the Delete action will come from the Get Items action.

However, I didn't understand the flow, as it sounds as if after Create an Item action in a SharePoint list, the item in then deleted? There may be an easier way to achieve your desired outcome if you could describe the flow process in a little more detail.

Ellis

View solution in original post

jshald
Regular Visitor

Thank you! This is working so far.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,164)