cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Delete Previous Version based on List Item Field

I have a SharePoint list and each item is updated frequently by a flow that checks if it's status needed to be changed (based on today's date and expiration date).  I would like to delete previous versions based on either who modified them or which field was modified.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Delete Previous Version based on List Item Field

Hi @emily8787 ,

Unfortunately, there is currently no action in the SharePoint connector to delete the previous version of the item. I'm afraid we can't rely on the existing actions in Power Automate to achieve this requirement.

Please consider using SharePoint Rest API to fulfill your needs, please check online and see if it helps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/complete-basic-operations-using-sharepoin...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Delete Previous Version based on List Item Field

Hi @emily8787 ,

Unfortunately, there is currently no action in the SharePoint connector to delete the previous version of the item. I'm afraid we can't rely on the existing actions in Power Automate to achieve this requirement.

Please consider using SharePoint Rest API to fulfill your needs, please check online and see if it helps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/complete-basic-operations-using-sharepoin...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,484)