cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMH08
Level: Powered On

Delete SharePoint List Item Upon SharePoint List Delete

We have a Flow in place that when an event is added to a calendar that it also creates an item in another list. The Flow then goes back and puts the ID of the newly created item into the Calendar metadata for reference.

I would like to program the opposite that when that event is deleted in the calendar that it also searches the other list and deletes the item it created, assumbly by doing a "Get Item" where the ID is equal to the Referenced ID in the deleted item.

Is this possible at all? It seems like the only dynamic data you have on a deleted item is the ID of that item, it doesn't appear that you can grab the other data from that deleted event. Is this true or is there a way to obtain that data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Delete SharePoint List Item Upon SharePoint List Delete

Hi @AMH08,

I afraid that you couldn't doing a "Get Item" where the ID is equal to the Referenced ID in the deleted item.

Please take a try to doing a "Get Item" where the Title is equal to the Referenced Name in the deleted item, and please make sure when you create the item in another list, the Title of the item in the another list should the same as the Title in the calendar list.

I have made a test on my side, if you could make sure the Title of the item in the another list should the same as the Title in the calendar list, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AMH08,

I afraid that you couldn't doing a "Get Item" where the ID is equal to the Referenced ID in the deleted item.

Please take a try to doing a "Get Item" where the Title is equal to the Referenced Name in the deleted item, and please make sure when you create the item in another list, the Title of the item in the another list should the same as the Title in the calendar list.

I have made a test on my side, if you could make sure the Title of the item in the another list should the same as the Title in the calendar list, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

AMH08

Thank you. I like that way of going about it. Have a great day!

yhlow72

Hi,

anyone got this error?

{
"status": 400,
"message": "Get Deleted Items not supported without shim\r\nclientRequestId: 42xxxx0f3-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-238a9415xx5d\r\nserviceRequestId: 073fxxxxe-bdce-xxxx-xxxx-613626xxxbe75;083fb49e-bdxxxa-0008-xxxx-0225d9c5bxxx4",
"source": "sharepointonline-cus.azconn-cus.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

Untitled1.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 233 members 6,293 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: