What happens when a sharePoint item is deleted in the middle of the approval flow waiting for approvers to respond?
Nothing really happens, but when the Approver finally approves or rejects the approval it will probably return an error message saying that the item can't be found.
Hi @lavint ,
Could you please share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?
Have you configured Delete item action in Flow?
If so, it may be that some part of the logic leads to such a situation.
Please provide more details so that we can do a more accurate analysis.
Doing nothing is fine but the problem is, the flow Approval center does NOT give an error message when the item does not exist anymore OR if the item is not with that user anymore.. Is there a way I can force the Approval center to show an error when the approver's decision on the approval item will no longer affect the result?
1) It doesn't show an error, but clicking on it doesn't do anything either.
2) You can use Delete a CDS record to remove the Approval from the Flow Approvals tab.
3) There is no way to force the Approval center to show an error.
1) It doesn't do anything on the Sharepoint item itself, but if I click approved, it allows me to click and shows "The request is approved" on the flow approval center. This causes confusion for approvers.. Basically the person do not have an affect on the item anymore but he is able to click and thought he approved/rejected the item
2) How to use Delete a CDS record? It's done in the approval center?
1) Agreed it could be confusing. But its just as confusing if they approve the item and then someone deletes.
2) There is an action in the Common Data Service connector that lets you Delete a Record. When you create your approval it generates an ID in the dynamic content. The Delete a Record takes three parameters. Environment, Entity (it would be Approvals) and the ID. Note: Anything with CDS is a Premium feature.
Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.