Nothing really happens, but when the Approver finally approves or rejects the approval it will probably return an error message saying that the item can't be found.
Hi @lavint ,
Could you please share a screenshot of the Flow configuration?
Have you configured Delete item action in Flow?
If so, it may be that some part of the logic leads to such a situation.
Please provide more details so that we can do a more accurate analysis.
Doing nothing is fine but the problem is, the flow Approval center does NOT give an error message when the item does not exist anymore OR if the item is not with that user anymore.. Is there a way I can force the Approval center to show an error when the approver's decision on the approval item will no longer affect the result?
1) It doesn't show an error, but clicking on it doesn't do anything either.
2) You can use Delete a CDS record to remove the Approval from the Flow Approvals tab.
3) There is no way to force the Approval center to show an error.
1) It doesn't do anything on the Sharepoint item itself, but if I click approved, it allows me to click and shows "The request is approved" on the flow approval center. This causes confusion for approvers.. Basically the person do not have an affect on the item anymore but he is able to click and thought he approved/rejected the item
2) How to use Delete a CDS record? It's done in the approval center?
1) Agreed it could be confusing. But its just as confusing if they approve the item and then someone deletes.
2) There is an action in the Common Data Service connector that lets you Delete a Record. When you create your approval it generates an ID in the dynamic content. The Delete a Record takes three parameters. Environment, Entity (it would be Approvals) and the ID. Note: Anything with CDS is a Premium feature.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!