cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Delete all items from a SharePoint list

Hi all,

I want to create a flow to delete all items from a SharePoint list.

With actions "Get items" and "Delete item" for each item I get, the flow works ... but it is very long, there are near 10000 items in the SharePoint list.

Do you know if there is an "Http request" action or something else to be more efficient ?

Best regardsflowDelete.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manu59 ,

First, you need to set Pagination to get the maximum number of return items in order to remove the expected items.

Secondly, in order to provide the execution speed of the action in Apply to each, you can set Degree of Parallelism:

Please try to make the above changes and see if the execution of Flow is in line with your expectations.

Image reference:

48.PNG49.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @manu59 

Please follow this link

https://alextofan.com/2019/08/22/how-to-get-more-than-5000-item-from-sharepoint-online-in-flow/

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manu59 ,

First, you need to set Pagination to get the maximum number of return items in order to remove the expected items.

Secondly, in order to provide the execution speed of the action in Apply to each, you can set Degree of Parallelism:

Please try to make the above changes and see if the execution of Flow is in line with your expectations.

Image reference:

48.PNG49.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi,

I succeded to create the flow.

But it takes too long time to run = 1 hour to delete 8000 rows in a SharePoint list !

Have any ideas, something like an http request ?

Best regards

thank you for sharing! this helps me a lot in my current process.

Frequent Visitor

Why I cannot find these two flows in the list?      Get Items       and          Delete Item 

Where can I find them?

mah565_0-1601528242551.png

@mah565  You can find the two actions under the Actions tab

Currently according to the screenshot your are looking under the triggers section

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,641)