cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Delete all items in a Sharepoint list?

I am trying to build a flow that will delete all items in a sharepoint list. I have searched the forms already, but have not found a solution in replies to others asing the same question.

When I run the flow below, it runs "successfully" without any errors, but nothing at all changes on the associated Sharepoint list. Any ideas to fixe this?

image.png

Thanks,

Nick 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

We have a flow that does this every night, we then have another Flow run 15 minutes later that re-populates the list via an .XLS file that we download from a client-provided FTP. PurgeListNightly.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Looks to me as though we are running identitical flows, but mine does not actually change the Sharepoint List. Did you have to set any specific settings or permission on the Sharepoint site to allow this flow to make changes?

Highlighted

@nsupple wrote:

Looks to me as though we are running identitical flows, but mine does not actually change the Sharepoint List. Did you have to set any specific settings or permission on the Sharepoint site to allow this flow to make changes?

No, but you may want to insure that you are using a SharePoint list view that shows all of the columns that may contain data, and that you have set that view as the default view and that you are referencing that list view from the Get items step. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @nsupple ,

Does the issue still exist?

I have made a test on my side, It doesn't has the issue you have mentioned.

After running the flow, please refresh the SharePoint list page for a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Highlighted

Yes, the issue still exists. I cannot figure out why the solution is not working for me. Could it be a time-out issue related to my list being too long?

Highlighted

How many items does your list have?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Have you checked the get items limit, u think it defaults to only first 100 items
3 dots, settings, turn on pagination, threshold is max number of items you want returning
Highlighted

This worked for me to set the pagination level up.  It was set by default at 100, even though it doesn't say that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,151)