cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CashMaker
Frequent Visitor

Delete period at the end of the e-mail.

Hi. I need advice to troubleshoot one of my flows in Power Automate.
Every day I get a .CSV file with one email per line. Sometimes in this file, the person creating the file added an additional period at the end of the e-mail. This period causes some e-mails not to be sent. I can't find a solution to remove the last period if it appears at the end of a single line in an email.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this problem by using actions in MS Power Automate

CashMaker_0-1611782357957.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

How are you using this CSV to send an email? Are you splitting them into an array based on a comma?

One thought is to use replace function and replace all possible combinations of those with correct one...

Some combinations are like

.com.

.org.

.pl.

.net.

.edu.

If you don't see many of them, you can use replace function. Something like below..

replace('p@p.com.''.com.''.com')

If you have all of them in an array, you can loop through the array and extract the last character. If its a dot, update the element using replace
Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

How are you using this CSV to send an email? Are you splitting them into an array based on a comma?

One thought is to use replace function and replace all possible combinations of those with correct one...

Some combinations are like

.com.

.org.

.pl.

.net.

.edu.

If you don't see many of them, you can use replace function. Something like below..

replace('p@p.com.''.com.''.com')

If you have all of them in an array, you can loop through the array and extract the last character. If its a dot, update the element using replace
Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,338)