cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GijsFranssens

Deleting a record in Business Central

Hi, 

I'm building a flow to integrate Business Central with Outlook Calendar.

Flow 1: when creating a record in Business Central, I also create an event in Outlook Calendar, I save the OutlookEventId on the record in Business Central.

Step 1: When a record is created in BC -> output "Row id"

Step 2: Get record with "Row id" in BC -> output contains all fields

Step 3: Create event in Outlook using the fields from step 2 -> output OutlookEventId

Step 4: Update record in BC to save the OutlookEventId

Flow 2: when changing a record in Business Central, I use the OutlookEventId to update the corresponding event in Outlook.

Step 1: When a record is changed in BC -> output "Row id"

Step 2: Get record with "Row id" in BC -> output contains all fields

Step 3: Update event in Outlook using the OutlookEventId from step 2

Flow 3: when deleting a record in Business Central, I want to use the OutlookEventId to delete the corresponding event in Outlook, but this is not possible.

Step 1: When a record is deleted in BC -> output "Row id"

Step 2: Get record with "Row id" in BC -> ERROR Record doesn't exist anymore, so I'm not able to retrieve the OutlookEventId to delete the event in Outlook

A work around could be to create a duplicate record in another table in Business Central when the original record is deleted and build a new flow to delete the event in outlook when this record is being created, but this doesn't look like the best solution.

It would be more practical if all fields are available when the 'When a record is deleted in BC' flow is being used.

What is the best solution for this problem?

Kind regards, Gijs

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,434)