cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Determine users out of office status based on mailtips - Automatic Replies on or not

Hi,

I am trying to build a flow that takes differing actions based on a users Outlook out of office reply status and no matter what I try, I cannot get power automate to differentiate between a user having their Automatic Replies turned on or not.

I have found lots of out of date articles that don't quite reflect the capabilities available in power automate today such as this one

https://flow.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/canada-mailboxes-aad/

however I found another post that contained an update - comment from @gmellis1 

So, after hours combing the internet after having tried various options and testing them to no avail, it turns out that the solution is an obscure one unearthed I found not related to this scenario, but the impact of the Advanced option in Condition having been stripped off in favor of the multi-conditional prompt rows. True use the AutomaticReplies not empty expression, you need to use an expression for the value use "is equal to" and make "true" an expression as well, as follows. Then is works as expected. 

Field (as expression): not(empty(body('Get_mail_tips_for_a_mailbox')?['AutomaticReplies']?['Message']))

Qualifier: is equal to

Value (as expression): true

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/not-empty-body-Get-mail-tips-for-a-mailbox-Automa...

To test this out before building out my more complex flow, I have built a very simple flow that I can trigger by posting a message in a teams chat, and the next step is to check a test users out of office status.

The flow is shown below

1.PNG

The text used for the functions is copied below

not(empty(body('Get_mail_tips_for_a_mailbox')?['AutomaticReplies']?['Message']))

<is equal to>

true

Below is the result with the users out of office off

2.PNG

Below is the result with the users Automatic Reply on

3.PNG

As you can see, regardless of Automatic replies being on or not, the result returned is always the same?

I have also reviewed and edited some of the community shared flows to do the same thing as my flow - for example "Send your manager an IM in Skype for Business when out of the office" as this allows you to use edit a condition action in advanced mode which is now deprecated. I wondered if this was a possible cause? This too generates the same behaviour? 

Please can anyone assist?

Thanks

Paul 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Determine users out of office status based on mailtips - Automatic Replies on or not

Hi @cdf_pjr ,

The output of Get mail tips for a mailbox (V2) action is an array, so you need to use the index to get the attribute value in the item.

82.PNG

empty(body('Get_mail_tips_for_a_mailbox_(V2)')?['value'][0]['automaticReplies']?['message'])

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Determine users out of office status based on mailtips - Automatic Replies on or not

Hi @cdf_pjr ,

The output of Get mail tips for a mailbox (V2) action is an array, so you need to use the index to get the attribute value in the item.

82.PNG

empty(body('Get_mail_tips_for_a_mailbox_(V2)')?['value'][0]['automaticReplies']?['message'])

Hope that makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks @v-bacao-msft !!!

That worked perfectly!!!!

Cheers

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,729)