Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kkreitzer
Frequent Visitor

Determining Age Range based on Age Variable

Hello all!

I am really stuck here and am hoping that someone can assist with my issue. I am working on migrating a workflow from SharePoint Designer that currently calculate the cost of life insurance for an employee. The insurance costs are based on the age range you fall into. I have already calculated the age successfully and have it saved stored in a variable called 'EmployeeAge'.  Here is an example of the ranges:

Age RangeRate
Under 250.09
25-290.08
30-340.09
35-390.11

If I have an employee that has an EmployeeAge of 28, I need the Rate variable to updated with .08.

Does anyone have an idea of how to accomplish this cleanly? I know of a formula in excel for this and was trying to figure out how to replicate this functionality and store the age range in a variable and then add a Switch to set the Rate variable.

=LOOKUP(B2,{0,"0-24";25,"25-29";30,"30-34"})

I appreciate the help!!

~Kayne

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Determining Age Range based on Age Variable

Hi @kkreitzer 

I have a long and dirty workaround for you that is easy to implement and undersatnd. You can create nested if conditions and manipulate variable values to get the appropriate rate. Please see the screenshots below and replicate: 

I have an nteger variable that is the age and a float variable that is rate and using nested if condtion actions, i am setting the value of the rate variable. 

C1.pngC2.pngHope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-lin-msft Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Determining Age Range based on Age Variable

Hi @kkreitzer,

Currently, there is no function that can partition Numbers in flow like excel. You can refer to the following flow to establish three conditions, which can divide Age into different data segments, then you can set the rate according to the Age.Annotation 2019-06-27 180147.png

Annotation 2019-06-27 180224.png

Annotation 2019-06-27 180256.png

Annotation 2019-06-27 180312.png

Please have a try, hopes it can help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,785)