cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Determining number of minutes since last flow run

Hello all,

I have a flow (pre-check) that my staff needs to run to determine if all parameters have been set correctly etc. After this they launch the actual approval flow. I want to check if the time between completing flow 1 and starting flow 2 is not exceeding my guidelines of 10 minutes.

when completing flow 1 I write the UTCNOW() into the field FLOW1COMPLETE (type date/time). 

when starting flow 2 I want to check if UTCNOW() minus FLOW1COMPLETE > 15 minutes.

I tried to calculate ticks from both and then substract these, but the outcome (in nanoseconds) does not make sence....

Can anyone please point me in the right direction how to substrate two date/time fields to obtain "time passed"?

Thanks

Regards

charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Charles-v-D,

You could write the addMinutes(utcNow(),15) into the a field "CompletedIn15Minutes" when completing flow1;

When staring flow 2 chick if UtcNow() is greater than "CompletedIn15Minutes".Annotation 2019-06-27 135311.png

Please have a try, hopes it can help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Charles-v-D,

You could write the addMinutes(utcNow(),15) into the a field "CompletedIn15Minutes" when completing flow1;

When staring flow 2 chick if UtcNow() is greater than "CompletedIn15Minutes".Annotation 2019-06-27 135311.png

Please have a try, hopes it can help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-lin-msft 

PERFECT

Thanks

Regards

Charles

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (41,860)