Kudo Collector

Difference between "Send an email notification (V3)" and "Send an email (V2)"

Hi,

MailConnector.png

OutlookConnector.png

I am researching the differences between the 

"Send an email notification (V3)" Action which comes with the Mail Connection

and the

"Send an email (V2)" Action which comes with the Office 365 Outlook Connection.

I am fully aware that you need to have a license and online mailbox in order to use the Office 365 Outlook connection. That being said, If a user has the necessary elements to use either action, why might you choose one over the other?

Thank you for your assistance

Matt

Reference Links

Mail connector Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sendmail/

Office 365 Outlook Connector Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Difference between "Send an email notification (V3)" and "Send an email (V2)"

The Send an email notification (v3) will send the email from Microsoft PowerApps and Flow. It can only send 100 emails every 24 hours.

The Send an email (v2) will send the email from you as the creator of the flow. It can send 900 emails every 60 seconds.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Difference between "Send an email notification (V3)" and "Send an email (V2)"

@schuess3 

The primary reason that I might choose to use the Send an Email notification action is that it shows as being from (the sender) "Microsoft Power Apps and Flow".  The Send an Email action shows as being from the individual whose credentials were used on the send an email connector - usually the Flow author.

EmailNote.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @schuess3,

"Send an email notification (V3)" could add only one attachment into the email, but "Send an email (V2)" could add multiple attachments:

Annotation 2019-12-23 153053.png

Annotation 2019-12-23 153026.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I can see from Microsoft's documentation:

The Send an email notification (v3) will send the email from Microsoft PowerApps and Flow. It can only send 100 emails every 24 hours.

Can anyone tell me in what exact context? Is this is per flow, per user or per tenant?

Thanks,
Paul

Highlighted

Hello.

I am using "Send an email notification (V3) in my flow and wanted to remove below hard coded link from email how can this be done.

Question 1

"If you want to unsubscribe from these emails, please use this form." Is there any way we can remove this link,

I have no were mentioned in my email content by still its taken in buildin content.

Question 2

Can we increase the limit from 100 to 200 notification email ?

Your reply on this content will be of great helpful and appreciated.

Regards

Harry

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

when we use  "Send an email (V2)" then send email from Connections email id receiver got email from connect name i don't want to be see Connections name i want to be set any custom name or any DL name instead of Connections name how we do that?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@nileshbirari1 

If you want to dynamically change the connection you won't be able to do that.

Scott
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is it any work around when user receive email From:- xyz@gg.com To: User Email ID instead of xyz can we hide this email id from user and put another email id? like: noreplypower@onmicrosoft.com OR Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate microsoft@powerapps.com like that?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@nileshbirari1 

If you can deal with the limitations of Send an email notification, then that is your answer. 

Your option to create a shared mailbox is likely your best choice.  You can name the shared mailbox almost anything you want.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,916)