Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAutomate3
Helper I
Helper I

Difficulties to automate shared Outlook inbox

Hello

I have been given a shared Outlook email address that has an email inbox. It does not seem to be an actual Outlook or MS account so that I can link it to Power Automate.

At the same time, it does not seem possible to create a rule to move emails from the shared inbox to my personal inbox.

As a result, I am stuck. I want to save attachments sent to the shared inbox into a sharepoint website but I cannot do it directly with a shared inbox connection to Power Automate or indirectly with a rule to move emails from the shared inbox to my personal account.

Is there any solution? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerAutomate3 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to operate in a shared mailbox. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

For your two requests, actually we can achieve them using flow. Not sure if you did something wrong while testing.

First of all, we need to be assigned full access permission while using shared mailbox related actions. Since your are given a shared mailbox, I believe you should already have related permission.

To save attachments sent to the shared inbox into a sharepoint website

Flow overview(BTW, 'hr' is a shared mailbox😞

v-duann-msft_0-1619577101795.png

Please pay attention to the painted part above. Once tested, I’m able to save attachments to SharePoint with no issue.

v-duann-msft_1-1619577101801.png

v-duann-msft_2-1619577101803.png

Indirectly with a rule to move emails from the shared inbox to my personal account

It’s impossible to move emails between two different email accounts using flow. However, we can use forward action to achieve same purpose.

v-duann-msft_3-1619577101805.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerAutomate3 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to operate in a shared mailbox. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

For your two requests, actually we can achieve them using flow. Not sure if you did something wrong while testing.

First of all, we need to be assigned full access permission while using shared mailbox related actions. Since your are given a shared mailbox, I believe you should already have related permission.

To save attachments sent to the shared inbox into a sharepoint website

Flow overview(BTW, 'hr' is a shared mailbox😞

v-duann-msft_0-1619577101795.png

Please pay attention to the painted part above. Once tested, I’m able to save attachments to SharePoint with no issue.

v-duann-msft_1-1619577101801.png

v-duann-msft_2-1619577101803.png

Indirectly with a rule to move emails from the shared inbox to my personal account

It’s impossible to move emails between two different email accounts using flow. However, we can use forward action to achieve same purpose.

v-duann-msft_3-1619577101805.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,454)