cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asali7
Regular Visitor

Difficulty using Form data in file content when creating OneDrive file

Hi All,

I've created Flows in the past where I've obtained the response details from a Forms submission and used them as file content to create a .txt or .doc file with the response details as the content. I've used this same workflow in my other Flows without issue. However, in this specific instance, for each response the content of the file returns something along the lines of @outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r7f85e2f85cde4cf08864b2e4e05ecfd3'] or similar for each question on the form. However, I can use the form responses to create the file name without experiencing any error. I've tried creating files in OneDrive and in SharePoint with the same results.

The only difference between this form and the forms I've used in other flows is that this form is a group form and not owned by me individually. As such, I've had to select "Enter custom value" from the drop down menu in the "When a new response is submitted" and "Get response details" steps and specify the form id as found after FormId in the form's URL. Would this cause a problem? If so, is there any solution? Other individuals need access to this particular form which is why I can't maintain sole ownership.

I've provided a screen capture of my flow. Any help is appreciated. I'm supposed to have this done by the end of business on Monday. 😕

Annotation 2020-08-15 164159.png

Annotation 2020-08-15 164148.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @asali7 ,

I tried creating file on OneDrive using the form response details, and it shows the content file even after passing the formID as custom value.

As a test, please try adding a compose before create file action, and check if the compose action shows the actual value of Student's email address. If yes, then leverage the output of compose in your create file action, as shown below.

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Screen3.png

Hope this helps !

Thanks and Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Rohit Sharma.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @asali7 ,

I tried creating file on OneDrive using the form response details, and it shows the content file even after passing the formID as custom value.

As a test, please try adding a compose before create file action, and check if the compose action shows the actual value of Student's email address. If yes, then leverage the output of compose in your create file action, as shown below.

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Screen3.png

Hope this helps !

Thanks and Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Rohit Sharma.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@rohsh354Thank you! Worked like a charm. That was a ridiculously easy fix. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,925)