cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnBSL

Disappearing dynamic content

Hi there,

I'm creating a basic flow and the last step in the process is to send an email which includes dynamic content. The email works as intended and when it gets sent out, it includes the dynamic content.

However when I go back and edit the email text in the flow, all of the dynamic content tags have disappeared. This makes it really hard to edit the email since I can't see where they are. If I select Peek Code from the menu, I can see they are there so it isn't that they have been removed. They have just become invisible. Is there any way I can fix this? I haven't had this issue previously.

Image of what I see... there's a dynamic content field after each colon.

JohnBSL_0-1644367042986.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JohnBSL ,

Is your Flow still working properly?

I haven't encountered this problem either.

Here are some possible ways to solve the problem for your reference:

1. Delete this Action and re-add it.

2. Re-enter Edit mode from run history.

vyujincuimsft_0-1644559890569.png

vyujincuimsft_1-1644559941239.png

3. Recreate a new flow.

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JohnBSL ,

Is your Flow still working properly?

I haven't encountered this problem either.

Here are some possible ways to solve the problem for your reference:

1. Delete this Action and re-add it.

2. Re-enter Edit mode from run history.

vyujincuimsft_0-1644559890569.png

vyujincuimsft_1-1644559941239.png

3. Recreate a new flow.

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

VarthDader
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

This happened to me as well, but only after i switched the Experimental Features on. Some of the dynamic fields in the Outlook connectors disappeared in the flow, but where included in the actual mail. 

When i switched the Experimental Features off, they popped back out and where visible.

VarthDader_0-1650454597685.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also experiencing this issue. Dynamic Content tags vanished out of email message (body only -- not the subject or To fields for some reason)

missing content.PNG

Looking at the HTML/code view, I can see the tags are still there. They are invisible in the normal display view, however. Bug?

VentsiRadev
Regular Visitor

Hi @JohnBSL 

I encountered the same problem - for me, the dynamic content is not deleted, it is just hidden and the Flow is working correctly.

The only solution others seem to have provided is disabling experimental features. As I enjoy the expanded expressions editor provided by experimental features, I have found a work-around that means you don't have to disable them.

1) Select the textbox where your dynamic content is missing, click Ctrl+A, to select all, then copy the selection

2) Paste it into a .txt document (like Notepad) - you should see code relating to your dynamic fields

3) Select everything in the Notepad file (Ctrl+A), copy it and paste it back into the Power Automate textbox

4) Your dynamic content should appear correctly.

You'd have to do this every time you close/open the Flow, for every textbox, but if you want to keep your experimental features, it is a quick workaround until Microsoft fixes the issue 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,923)