Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHS2020
Resolver II
Resolver II

Display more of a description from a news post in a email notification

Hi,

I have this flow, where everytime a new news post is posted, it should send out an email to different people. 

But I wish for the description from the news post to be displayed all of it. Right now it only takes the first paragraph. Anyone who knows how to solve this? 🙂 

The first picture is the news post 

text of the news.PNG

This is the email I receive

Textinmail.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
edguerre
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi!

Can you please share a picture of your flow?

Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

I got to see that it is nothing Power Automate solve for now.. Apparently it is not possible

Hi,

You can add a compose with the "Description" dynamic content, and run the flow and see what is included in that field. If it displays the full description, then there's an issue with the flow, but I believe that the "Description" will only include the first paragraph. To display the full text, there needs to be a dynamic field that has all of that info. Can you check the dynamic content coming from the trigger and see if there's a better option?

Hi Ed,

I've got this exact same question and I was lucky enough to stumble across this post. 

I am using the Description dynamic content tag in my Flow and we're still at about 2-3 lines for the upper left most text box in the News Item on my SharePoint site.

Is there a way to input multiple descriptions, at least, and it not be the same one over and over? 

Thanks for any help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,315)