cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shiggitylockles
Level: Power Up

Distributing a simple flow to Multiple flow users

I am new to flow, and not a software developer, so much is not coming naturally. I am working with a company that does site visits, and could benefit from Having a mobile flow button that allows them to dictate notes and add to a spreadsheet. The problem I run into is the creation and storage of files, and distribution to users. This is what I am trying to accomplish

1. Create a new spreadsheet every 2 weeks so they arent just appending to a speadsheet that never ends. This could be done by storing a template file somewhere (Sharepoint or One drive for business) and copying it based on a schedule to the users one dirve folder, or simply creating a new spreadsheet called "site visits - start date through end date" This could be created on a time schedule, but my simple flow will somehow need to know how to reference the correct sheet based on filename. I also thought this might be simplified by Creating a "current site visit" spreadsheet, and having a separate flow rename it and move it to a "past site visit" folder.

2. How do I create such a structure for 14 users without having to touch each User. Basically I have created a folder structure in my one drive folder, that is ROOT\MSFLOW\Site visits and my flow button could store things there. I could have another subfolder called "Past site visits" and have a scheduled flow move things there. It looks like, I could share this flow with my organization, but how do I push out the folder structure without manually creating it for each user? If the folder structure that my flows are referencing arent present and the same ofr each user the flows will fail.

I feel like this could be a great option for this organization. and they could save time on site notes. I am also working on a flow to automate manually created timesheets so they can punch in and out remotely and have the timesheet created for them. These are great Ideas but both face the same dilemma. How do I get my flow and correct folder structures pushed out to multiple users without a bunch of repetitive administrative overhead that recurrs every 2 weeks?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Distributing a simple flow to Multiple flow users

Hi @ shiggitylockles,

Could you please explain more details about your requirement?

Do you want to create a flow and share the flow to 14 users in your organization?

could you please explain more details about the folder structures?

If you share the flow to 14 users in your organization, the flow would always have the same operation on the same folder, and there would no difference between the user and you to run the flow.

In adddition,if you want to create a new spreadsheet every 2 weeks, you could add a recurrence trigger in your flow and configure the flow to run every 2 weeks.

Please share more details so we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,729)