cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thanura09
Regular Visitor

Divide a large JSON request body to send via separate API calls

Hi,

This question is an extension to my previous question. I was successfully able to implement my requirement of writing large dataset using graph API using the "Send an HTTP request" action of "Office 365 groups" connector. It worked fine until I had to write an excel which contains 98 columns and 3000+ rows. Normally this would take several seconds but in this case the request kept timing out (See the image attached) and when I tried to insert only 100 or so records it worked fine. So, my conclusion was that the request-body data was too large. Therefore, I think one solution will be to divide my json data into several parts and send via several API calls to write to excel. How can I achieve this? or is there any better way than this to do my task? 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

httttt.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Thanura09 

Can you get first 100 or 200 records each time? If it is then split the flow into two. Parent flow retrieves the records in batch and pass to child flow to process (Post) 100 records each.

Please see the document section Timeout

Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
Thanura09
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the reply, Currently I take the whole data in a single GET and store it within a compose. How can I retrieve only a set of records at a time? 

Hi @Thanura09 

Can't you add any extra filter in your GET request? 

Add $top=N (N means the number of records you want to retrieve) to the URL to filter the returned data and to return only the first N entries. Then you may need to implement a Do while loop to get the next set of records.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
Thanura09
Regular Visitor

Thank you I'll try this and get back to you

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,402)