cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamInLondon
Helper III
Helper III

Do I add a paralell branch or create another flow?

Hi I am trying to create what (to me) is quite a complex Flow to automate our internal IT dept Change Control process.

I have a List called Change Control with about 50 columns. Some columns are text, some are choices, some are calculated, some are dates.

I want approval flows to start when a user changes a choice column called CC Status from "DRAFT" to another choice.

Like this:

1. If CC Status changed to  "Submitted" then start an Approval flow to users A and B
  2. If CC Status changed to "Comments" then start an approval flow to users C,D, E and F

I have got this to work for 1 above and I want to add another action for 2 and so on.

My question is do I add a "Paralell Action" for 2 or is it simpler just to create another Flow for 2??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AdamInLondon ,

You could use Parallel action to send an approve request for different Choice values.

11.PNG

You can also consider using Switch to action to configure different Approval requests.

12.PNG

Note that if the field type is Choice, we need to use Choice Value as a parameter.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @AdamInLondon 

You do not have to create any 2nd flow or add any parallel action for this. You already have a condition for the status changed to submitted right? and then in the Yes branch you are initiating the approvals to A and B. So, in the no branch, add another condition action and here check if the status is comments and then in the yes branch of this condition, intiate the approavls to C,D,E and F. at any given time, one condition will definitely be met. Alterantively, you can simply create a condition action after the first condition action and configure accordingly. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AdamInLondon ,

You could use Parallel action to send an approve request for different Choice values.

11.PNG

You can also consider using Switch to action to configure different Approval requests.

12.PNG

Note that if the field type is Choice, we need to use Choice Value as a parameter.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,731)