Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Niko
Level: Powered On

Do Until Help

Hey everyone!

So I'm trying to build a flow that is triggered whenever someone uploads a file to a folder in Sharepoint. If that file has been in the folder for 48 hours and hasn't been touched, Flow will send an email to the person who uploaded it letting them know it hasn't been worked on. 

Is there a way to set something like this up? I had a feeling that "Do Until" was what I was looking for, but I'm not sure how to use it.

Niko

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Do Until Help

HI @Niko,

DelayActions.PNG

Why don't you use the Delay or Delay until actions?

Niko

Ok, but I only want the alert to go out if the item is not modified. The idea is that if someone adds a file to this folder in sharepoint and no one works on it for 48 hours, it sends an alert to the person who uploaded it that it has not been worked on. 

But if someone does work on the file, I don't want that alert to go out. 

Is this possible?

Niko

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Niko,

Do you want to send out a reminder email if the uploaded file has not been modified after 48 hours of its creation?

I have made the following flow for test. It is triggered by When a file is created (properties only), then a Delay action for 48 hours. Following by a Condition to check if the file has not been touched for 48 hours.

The code in the condition is:

@greaterorequals(triggerBody()?['Modified'], addhours(triggerBody()?['Created'],48))

If yes, send an email to the file creator.

Please check the following image for more details:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Niko

Hello @v-yamao-msft!

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried testing it by reducing the time to 10 minutes. 

2018-09-17.png

Unfortunately, whenever I try testing it, the condition keeps coming back as "false", meaning that, as far as it can tell, the file has been modified within the last 10 minutes.

2018-09-17 (2).png

I'm not sure why this isn't working though. Did I mess up the code somehow when I changed it to "minutes" instead of "hours"?

Niko

P.S. I'm not sure if this matters, but I should note that I am uploading a file to the folder on Fieldglass, not creating a brand new one. I don't know if this matters though. The flow still runs when I upload a file, but it seems to still be registering that the file is being modified within 10 minutes of being uploaded.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 4,633 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: