cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnorris135
Helper IV
Helper IV

Do Until Hung Up in Yellow

Not sure what is going on..... i have a workflow that today seems to get hungup on the Do Until EVEN THOUGH the flow has completed.  I have the Do Until set on a 3 day reminder which sends an email pending if the user does not approve/reject the flow.  The user completes the approval but they are still getting emails reminders.  Started doing this today.  Shouldnt the do until turn green like the other side of the parallel?  What can i do to make sure it is done processing..... we have 100+ submissions.  The only thing i did to change the flow was change it from 1min to 3 days....

still running.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cnorris135,

This Terminate action stops the run for a workflow instance, cancels any actions in progress, skips any remaining actions, and returns the specified status. For example, you can use the Terminate action when your logic app must exit completely from an error state. This action doesn't affect already completed actions. So if you add the Terminate action after Approver 3, it won't affect other actions and end Flow until Approver 3 response.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cnorris135,

Although the approval has been completed, the flow of the other branch will be 3 days after the delay, regardless of the other branch, although the approval has been completed.

What's the function of Do until action?

If you want to end the Flow after sending a approve or reject email, you could add the Terminate action at the end of it, it will force the termination of Flow run, for example:

Screenshot 2020-10-23 173913.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thank you for responding.....  

ok my do until steps consist of

- a variable (stopReminder1) is set to true

- Reminder email to the ATS

- Delay for 3 Days

i have 3 people tier that it goes to and have a parallel branch for each person (parallel branch).  Thing is this... on the left branch after the approval step is complete, it sets the variable to 'true' which should in the Do Until step, STOP the Do Until steps.....

Do Until steps (1).JPG

if i add a Terminate step IN THE APPLY TO branch, will it terminate the whole flow of just the apply to steps?  that could solve the issue.

we are really struggling with this one......  even though the left side of the flow has finished out, the Do Until still continues to run.  And i dont know why.  Please see above pics.  i have a three tier approval system, the Do Until still runs even though the variable is set to true.  is there a piece i can add to force do until to complete also?

Hi @cnorris135, 

Terminate action is the most simple solution. Though the delay action still run, the Do until action won't run, please look at the screenshot as below:

Screenshot 2020-10-27 170342.jpg

The reason for the Do until action still sends reminder is the Do Until action at least run once, then check the condition if met.

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

thank you for responding again.  Okay.... that looks like a good remedy.  My last question, i think, is this...

1.) Approver 1 + 3 day Reminder

2.) Approver 2 + 3 day Reminder 

3.) (optional) Approver 3 + 3 day Reminder

lets say if Approver 1, approves it, and it is waiting on Approver 2 for 4 days. the Do Until Reminder will still fire ONCE for Approver 1 (even though they approved already because you said it executes atleast once) and Approver 2 correct?  Terminate waits for the approver branch (All required Approvers to be satisfied) before it stops)????  

Hi @cnorris135,

This Terminate action stops the run for a workflow instance, cancels any actions in progress, skips any remaining actions, and returns the specified status. For example, you can use the Terminate action when your logic app must exit completely from an error state. This action doesn't affect already completed actions. So if you add the Terminate action after Approver 3, it won't affect other actions and end Flow until Approver 3 response.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,039)