cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Do Until action is not timing out

I've built a flow using a Do Until action to search through a Sharepoint list for a variable match for 30 days while checking the list as often as possible for the match. For testing, I set the limits to "Count"=4999 and "Timeout"=PT2M. I added a scope that includes Send an Email and Terminate after the Do Until action to run only if the Do Until times out or fails.

I tested the flow by letting the Do Until time out (I made sure the Sharepoint list would not contain a match) and the flow ran for 15 mins (due to an Apply to Each condition with a Delay in it) until the Do Until action didn't find a match and presumably timed out but according to the flow run record, the Do Until action was successful and the Scope action was skipped.

Why would the Do Until action be considered "successful" and not "timed out" if the condition was never met and it reached the timeout limit that I set? Is there another way to incorporate the Scope action so that it runs when the Do Until reaches the timeout limit? Thanks!

errorsnip.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Do Until action is not timing out

Hi @tludwig ,

Timeout in Do until action is used to end the loop in Do until, it will end the loop even if Do until action does not meet the condition. You can refer to the following configuration for testing.

The test I did on my side is that the variable T is greater than 5 to end the loop. Each time the loop increases by 1, but the loop ends when the variable is equal to 2, because I set the Timeout to 5min, and also added in the middle of the loop delay.

Image reference:

177.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Do Until action is not timing out

Hi @tludwig ,

Timeout in Do until action is used to end the loop in Do until, it will end the loop even if Do until action does not meet the condition. You can refer to the following configuration for testing.

The test I did on my side is that the variable T is greater than 5 to end the loop. Each time the loop increases by 1, but the loop ends when the variable is equal to 2, because I set the Timeout to 5min, and also added in the middle of the loop delay.

Image reference:

177.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,248)