cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Do Until not blank workflow

I am trying to build a flow that waits until a field has been populated before it proceeds.  I used the Do Until field with the following string but all it did was repeated the message.  First question is would this string be correct for the flow to wait until that field is populated and then how do i proceed with the next step.  I think having it send a email caused the repeated messages.

thanks in advance

@not(Empty(TriggerBody()?['Deskx0020_Phone']))

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Do Until not blank workflow

Hi @eenochs,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Do you add a “Do Until” action after the trigger in your Flow?

How do you want to populate the field?

Further, could you please show a bit more about the repeated steps within “Do Until” action?

I think there is something wrong with your formula that you typed in Do Until box, please modify the formula as below:

@not(Empty(TriggerBody()?['Desk_x0020_Phone']))

If you add “Do Until” action after the trigger, you could only populate the field within “Do until” box using update action, otherwise, the “Do Until” action will run continuously.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Not sure if i placed the trigger is correct.  what i want the flow to do is send a email.  the person getting the email will vist the list and input some items.  Once the desk phone item has been updated it will then trigger the next step which is another email.  Basically its a new hire process that when HR fills out the power app form it goes to a person who setups and gets equipment ready.  Once she updates the list with the information it goes to the department head letting them know of the new hire and equipment information.  

flow-dountil-error.png

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Wanted to bump this issue up to see if anyone has any thoughts on my last update.  i'm confused on where i put the trigger and action.  Any help is appreciated.  thanks

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi

As far as I understand, what you need is a Flow with two Triggers. The one you already have will initate the flow as now, and once you send the email, you need to add a new trigger "when an item is modified". 

I haven't tested such complex flows yet, but you can find an example here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/es-es/blog/fotw-remind-sent-high-importance

Please also note you need to ensure the flow will only continue if the item that initiated the flow is the one modified, so you will probably need to add an ODATA based filter in the second trigger advanced options

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,795)