cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ichinova

Do case insensitive ODATA filter for List Rows

I'm using the Dataverse List Rows action and want to do a case insensitive compare of strings in the filter. If I have "The Company" in my table and want to compare it to the a value "THE COMPANY" how would I do that? 

If I do a regular comparison, it's false:

my_name eq 'THE COMPANY'

I could do a toLower or toUpper on the passed in value, but that doesn't do me any good since that still returns false as well. What I really need to do is something like this:

ToLower(my_name) eq ToLower('THE COMPANY')

but it doesn't look like that is possible. It seems like my only option is to do a bunch of string manipulation on the passed in value to put the string into various cases and see if any of those match, but this seems like such a hack. 

my_name eq 'the company' or my_name eq 'THE COMPANY' or my_name eq 'The Company'

Is there something better I can do?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Is the target field a text field?  In my testing the OData query for the List Rows action is case insensitive.  I have a table with People data in it.  cr394_city eq 'Cleveland' and cr394_city eq 'cleveland' queries retrieve the same set of rows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Is the target field a text field?  In my testing the OData query for the List Rows action is case insensitive.  I have a table with People data in it.  cr394_city eq 'Cleveland' and cr394_city eq 'cleveland' queries retrieve the same set of rows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Ichinova

Hmm yeah it looks like it is case insensitive. Not sure what I tested with earlier, but I guess I messed something up. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,482)