Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Do until flow setup

Hi,

I just wanted to formulate the below process flow into a do until loop . Is it possible by putting in a delay function along with the loop ? I want to send out email notification after every 1, 2 and 7 days.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prathameshpatka,

It is possible to set the dynamic delay time. 

You could store these numbers of delay days into an array variable, then initialize an integer variable named Index and default value is 0.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 160256.jpg

Then create a Do until, set it stop condition to visit Complete is not equals to blank or set visit complete equals yes or something you set. To make the delay time dynamical, the Count field should be the expression:

variables('DelayDays')[variables('Index')]

Screenshot 2020-09-29 160334.jpg

After one delay over, increase the Index 1 to for the next delay time.

One point we need to do is set the Timeout of Do until action greater than 10 days, I set it to 12 days: P12D.

ISO 8601 duration format 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prathameshpatka,

It is possible to set the dynamic delay time. 

You could store these numbers of delay days into an array variable, then initialize an integer variable named Index and default value is 0.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 160256.jpg

Then create a Do until, set it stop condition to visit Complete is not equals to blank or set visit complete equals yes or something you set. To make the delay time dynamical, the Count field should be the expression:

Screenshot 2020-09-29 160334.jpg

After one delay over, increase the Index 1 to for the next delay time.

One point we need to do is set the Timeout of Do until action greater than 10 days, I set it to 12 days: P12D.

ISO 8601 duration format 

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for you reply.

Basically the 'Site visit Complete' holds a value yes or no. So in my case I want to compare the date in 'Date of site visit' with the current date and then after every 1,2 and 7 days need to send a reminder. Is that possible as the array and delay loop suggested by you ?

Highlighted

Hi @Prathameshpatka,

Yes, it is possible, if the trigger condition is each visit, the do until will keep running.

Best Regards,

Highlighted

Hi,

I did this on the do until flow where in the condition says that till the date site visit 

formatDateTime(outputs('Date_of_visit'), 'yyyy-MM-dd') is less than or equal to
formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(), -7), 'yyyy-MM-dd') that is till 7 days then for each 1, 2 and 7 days an email should be triggered.

The array delay days was saved in the variable in the delay count field as

Should this flow work fine ?

Capture.PNG

Highlighted

Hi @Prathameshpatka,

Yes, it could work, but 'Date_of_visit' action should be in Do until.

Screenshot 2020-10-01 164602.jpg

Best Regards,

Highlighted

Hi,

Does the below flow look fine now ?

Capture.PNG

Highlighted

Hi @Prathameshpatka,

The Get item action should also add to the DO until action.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,556)