Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhirenk
Helper II
Helper II

Do until inside Apply to each

Hi everyone,

I have flow where I am sending bunch of people email to approve something. Email goes under Do Until loop because if someone doesn't approve within 7 days, it will send same email after a week. Send Email has 7days timeout period to run do until.

dountil_applytoeach.PNG

Problem is when first person approves, the entire flow fails.

Is there anyway to prevent this happening? So if someone approves via email, it terminates that "Do until" but runs rest within Apply to Each.

Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Can you use Start and Wait for Approval Action instead of Send Email with options? That way you won't need Do until... Once someone approves for each will continue...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Hi @PrasadAthalye 

Thank you for your reply.

The issue I came across with Start and Wait for Approval is...

I find it difficult to get Approve action button in reminder email and when click on Approve button, it asks for user comments which I want to avoid. I want one click approve button which is currently only possible with email with option. 

Ok. After the Send email action, can you check the response something like below? And then Set your Do Until variable to true so that it will exit?

PrasadAthalye_0-1614342455625.png

I also recommend checking the following blog by @manueltgomes . He explains which option is better in which scenario?

https://manueltgomes.com/microsoft/powerautomate/send-email-with-options/

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Hi @PrasadAthalye thank you again for your quick response.

I do have condition. Please see the screenshot.

dountil_applytoeach1.PNG

It works fine and sends regular reminders, until someone from Apply to each click approves. Then flow fails with error message - Action 'Send_email_with_options' failed.

flow_error.PNG

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,455)