cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parmiras
Level: Powered On

Do-until not evaluating condition?

The flow is supposed to work like.

File is uploaded > wait for First Approver & Second Approver fields to be filled out > send email to first approver > Approved > send emailed to second approver > Approved > send email to all parties.

When I run the flow, it seems like it just skips over the do until, and then fails at the first email because there is no value in the "First Approver" column yet. Am I doing something wrong? Also I should note: If I put a delay within the Do-Until, it just hangs there forever, and the interval is set to 60 and 1H

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Do-until not evaluating condition?

Hi @parmiras,

Could you please share a bit more about your SharePoint library?

Are the First Approver column and the Second Approver column the Person or Group type column within your SharePoint library?

I think there is something wrong with your “Do Until” action, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a “When a file is created (properties only)” trigger.
  • Add a “Do Until” action, click “Edit in advanced mode”, type the following formula:
@and(not(empty(body('Get_file_properties')?['First_x0020_Approver'])),not(empty(body('Get_file_properties')?['Second_x0020_Approver'])))
  • Within “Do Until” action, add a “Get file properties” action, specify Site Address and Library Name, Id field set to ID dynamic content of the trigger.
  • Under “Do Until” action, add a “Send approval email” action, To field set to First Approver Email dynamic content of “Get file properties” action.
  • Add a “Condition”, left input box set to SelectedOption dynamic content of “Send approval email” action, right input box set to Approve, within middle drop down, choose is equal to.
  • Within “If/yes” branch of “Condition”, add a “Send approval email 2” action, To field set to Second Approver Email dynamic content of “Get file properties” action.

Add a Condition 2, left input box set to SelectedOption dynamic content of “Send approval email 2” action, right input box set to Approve, within middle drop down, choose is equal to.

Within “If/yes” branch of Condition 2, add a “Send an email” action.

Image reference:7.JPG

8.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:9.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parmiras

Hey @v-xida-msft,

The First and Second Approver columns are Person or Group Type.  I modified my formula and changed the flow per your instructions, and it still fails after about 30 seconds or so. I'm testing it by leaving both first and second approver blank initially.  I noticed in the formula you gave me, it evaluated the "First Approver" column twice. I changed it to check both and still got an error.

2018-01-02_8-49-04.png

parmiras

@v-xida-msft,

Any suggestions?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @parmiras,

If your First Approver column and Second Approver column are both Person or Group type, please consider take a try to change the formula within "Do Until" action of the flow that I provided into following formula:

@and(not(empty(body('Get_file_properties')?['First_x0020_Approver']?['Email'])),not(empty(body('Get_file_properties')?['Second_x0020_Approver']?['Email'])))

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,953)