Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramakrishnanpr
Frequent Visitor

Do until with an OR operator

I am in in the process of making a flow as follows

Step 1: When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox

Step 2: Get the file properties of the attachment in the email (FileLeafRef eq 'attachement name' in the filter query of the get file properties)and create a sharing link (The attachment is pre-saved using another application in sharepoint)

Step 3: I now use a switch to switch between the various Approval Status Value column created with following choices (Approved @ Level, Rejected @ Level 1, Approved @ Level 2, Rejected @ Level 2, Pending @ Level 1 and Pending @ level 2

Now, i would like to repeat the process until i have an approved or rejected so trying to use an DO until with an OR statement, however, its not working as intended.

@or(contains(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['XX_Status']?['Value'], 'Approved'),contains(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['XX_Status']?['Value'], 'Rejected')) 

Any Help is appreciated and Thanks in advance.

IMAGE.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ramakrishnanpr,

I check the expression you added, it seems correct.

You could try to add a Delay action into the Do until action, put it under the Change limits, to make the Do until action could run longer to let the user have enough time to approve the file before the Do until run out:

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your inputs @v-litu-msft  I did use the delay, however, the case 1 alone is getting executed every time

flow1.PNG

Hi @ramakrishnanpr,

Where is the Wait for response action?Annotation 2020-04-09 143718.png

I think your Flow will send approval requests constantly, right?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-litu-msft  I do have an wait for approval. I have put the entire flow for you. 

flow2.PNG

Here is my case 2 of the switch statement 

Flow 4.PNG

My only problem is when the file properties are updated the flow is not taking me to Case 2 its still executing case 1. however in share point the properties is getting updated as intended

Thanks again for your continued support 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (89,182)