cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Doc Approval reminder email - send 1 per PM

Hello -

PM's have multiple docs from a shared Sharepoint library assigned to them for approval. I'd like to write a flow that, at 3 pm, checks for docs still in "New" status and reminds PM's to log on to sharepoint and approve on an aggregate basis - they get 1 email regardless of how many "New" docs are outstanding. Not sure how to proceed after the "Get Files (properties only)" stage... any thoughts? thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For this, I have created a simple example list with a choice column that denotes whether status is open or closed. The person that is emailed is retrieved by the 'created by' columntestlist.png

Below is the flow (which sends out 1 email to me, though I have created 2 items that are open)top part of flowtop part of flowbottom part of flowbottom part of flow

It should work the same way for 'get file properties' as it does for 'get items'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For this, I have created a simple example list with a choice column that denotes whether status is open or closed. The person that is emailed is retrieved by the 'created by' columntestlist.png

Below is the flow (which sends out 1 email to me, though I have created 2 items that are open)top part of flowtop part of flowbottom part of flowbottom part of flow

It should work the same way for 'get file properties' as it does for 'get items'.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Capture.PNG

This is likely ansered elswewhere, but PM status is a Choice content type; does that complicate the above operation? Thank you.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, the 'open' status I used is in a choice column too, it works fine. For choice columns, they will have two dynamic contents: 'column-name' and also 'column-name value' - you need to select the value for it to work
Highlighted

Thank you @Anonymous, works great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,991)