cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DocuSign Aprover Name into SharePoint List

I am working on a a Flow which utilises DocuSign and wondering if there is a way that you can take the name of the person who has signed the document and use it as dynamic content to update SharePoint list? It would be similar to a 'get items' action but for DocuSign. Is this possible? 

My alternative would be to add in an approval loop first but seems a bit clunky for the person to approve then sign in a second email. 

21 REPLIES 21
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: DocuSign Aprover Name into SharePoint List

Hi @Basic_User007 

Can you please share a screenshot of the flow and the action that you are using. You can get the details of the signer by using the List recipeints action. Please see the screenshot below:

tat.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Great thanks for that. 

Next issue I am having is I want to be able to assign the recipients within the Flow not at DocuSign level, as the Flow is triggered oringinally with varying "approver emails" is there a way around this? 

I am currently getting this error when trying to execute my Flow. I have a template document, subject line but not recipients or tabs (altohugh I couldn't even place where tabs were?) 

"errorCode": "ENVELOPE_IS_INCOMPLETE",
  "message": "The Envelope is not Complete. A Complete Envelope Requires Documents, Recipients, Tabs, and a Subject Line."
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Basic_User007 

Can you please post a screenshot of the flow (barring any sensitive information) and the error from the run history? That way it will be easier to recognise the issue and assist you with this.

I have given below an outline of what I am wanting my Flow to do - one of my inputs 'For a selected item' is manager email. Ideally want this manager email to be picked up for DocuSign to send the envelope to - without having to go near DocuSign. The initiator should trigger the Flow, then Flow do the rest - hope that makes sense. Please tell me this is possible? Otherwise we are going to have to articulate a sketchy workaround in order to get signatures into a document for approval.... 

Steps as follows; 

DocuSign4.png

DocuSign3.png

DocuSign2.png

DocuSign1.png

@yashag2255  screenshot errors and flow steps

After some trial and error I have now progressed to be receiving a different error message in the same action step as previously... can anyone shed some light on this? 

"errorCode": "INVALID_REQUEST_PARAMETER",
  "message": "The request contained at least one invalid parameter. RoleName must be specified for templateRoles."

DocuSignError2.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Basic_User007 

I just made a small test at my end it worked fine. 

Can you please confirm the input parameters defined for the DocuSign template? I am seeing there is some error in that. 

If you could share a screenshot of that, I might be able to take a better look at it. Could you confirm the parameters in the flow action too? (expand the docu sign template action and share a screenshot barring any sensitive information). 

Hi @yashag2255 

I expect the issue is in DocuSign, if you are able to share what you set up in DS I can compare with what I have? 

I have taken screenshot of the Flow steps and will post them below for you to see. 

Thanks for your help. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Basic_User007 

So here is what I did: 

I created a template file in DocuSign and added a place holder over there called as test. In my flow, when I add the action of the docusign template, it allows me to choose this template and immediately loads the Test name and Test Email fields to add a name and email of the person to sign (In your case i see different attributes for this one and also there is a <space> between the " and the Name attribute).

If you can check and confirm these things, it will be easier for us to identify the issue. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Yes I can select my account name and template but it does not populate manager name and email - this is auto-populated for you @yashag2255 ? 

Also what is selected for envelope status? 

@yashag2255can you please send me screenshot of your Flow please?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Basic_User007 

Please see the screenshot below: 

tetah.PNG

Here, Test Name and Test Email are from the Test field I created on the template. 

Hope this Helps!

Ok so just need to udnerstand why these parts are not auto-poplating for me?? 😄 :S 

Ok I created a new template to test with my Flow and now receiving a different error from last one - can we call this progress?? 😄 

Error received now (in the same action step) is; 

"message": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object., clientRequestId: 94af25c9-d1ca-4099-adba-bac2634b1f7c"
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Okay. So first thing is, how are you creating the template? are you having any fields on the document or just the signing part and the document is pre created? 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Basic_User007 Yes! That definitely is progress. It's good that you are trying to debug. If you can share a screenshot of the flow with me, we can better identify the issue. 

Flow steps are given up above @yashag2255 nothing has changed from this other than me creating a new template. 

My template page is just a signature page, where input is the signature and date - nothing complicated at all. I have 1 person signing (set to myself just now for testing purposes). 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Basic_User007 

So can you confirm this: 

1. On the Docu Sign, you create a new template and then move to next steps where you add the place holder and add some text (Test) and then select needs to sign and then click on next and add a few attributes and then finally save the template. 

2. In flow, you use the send envelope as template action and select the account (from the drop down) and then select the template (again from the drop down) and then the status (from the drop down) and then you can see those Name and Email fields with the text you added in the Docu Sign place holder step. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 336 members 4,862 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: