cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarolCz
Frequent Visitor

Document Library column button to trigger a Flow

Dear Users,

I created a column "Test1" in Document Library and I put a button there "Send". I have also column "Customer:Email" with emails of users.

KarolCz_0-1647514805346.png

What I would like to achieve:

1. When I click send button, I would like to trigger a flow, which collects email adresses from "Customer:Email" column and Send them e-mail with all documents, which are stored in "TestKarol" folder

2. I would like to have something like: If: "Customer:Email" column is empty = "Test1" is empty too (no button)

Thank you in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
KarolCz
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ekarim2020,

Both are LookUp to another list. In another list they are "Single Line of Text" (String).

I'm separating via ";" (semicolon) sign

I would like to ask you only about second thing, which is:

2. I would like to have something like: If: "Customer:Email" column is empty = "Test1" is empty too (no button)

Basically, button is only visible, when "Type" of the items is "Folder" only

Anyway, I already found out everything and it's working - I made a flow which triggers by pressing the button, here's the solution:

Advanced | Flow of the Week: Send multiple attachments on a single email | Power Automate Blog (micr...

View solution in original post

KarolCz
Frequent Visitor

Already done:

JSON:
"

"display": "=if( ([$ContentType] == 'Folder' ), 'block', 'none')""

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KarolCz
Frequent Visitor

F5

KarolCz
Frequent Visitor

Refresh. Any ideas? @ekarim2020 

Hi @KarolCz ,

I have a couple of questions about the Customer and Customer:Email fields:

Snag_a13fc51.png

(1) Customer field:

• What data type is your Customer field? String?
  • What does the Customer field look like when you have several customers? How are you separating one customer from another?

(2) Customer:Email

• What data type is your Customer:Email field? String?
  • What does the Customer:Email field look like when you have several email addresses? How are you separating one email address from another?

Ellis

KarolCz
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ekarim2020,

Both are LookUp to another list. In another list they are "Single Line of Text" (String).

I'm separating via ";" (semicolon) sign

I would like to ask you only about second thing, which is:

2. I would like to have something like: If: "Customer:Email" column is empty = "Test1" is empty too (no button)

Basically, button is only visible, when "Type" of the items is "Folder" only

Anyway, I already found out everything and it's working - I made a flow which triggers by pressing the button, here's the solution:

Advanced | Flow of the Week: Send multiple attachments on a single email | Power Automate Blog (micr...

KarolCz
Frequent Visitor

Already done:

JSON:
"

"display": "=if( ([$ContentType] == 'Folder' ), 'block', 'none')""

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,586)