cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DivyaNair
Frequent Visitor

Document Set Link

Hi, 

I have a flow when a new item is created in the list, it also creates a new document set for that particular submission in a library. I then copy the Document set link to the Powerapps form so the user can open the link to see the related documents of that item.

The issue that I am having here is when the user opens the link from Powerapps and click the upload button in the library to upload a file it is actually uploading inside the library but not in the Document Set. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DivyaNair ,

Thank you i think I understand your issue, it only happens when the document set is created the first time, and its not specific to PowerApps or Power Automate.

I did in fact try to re-upload documents on my document set and now I'm able to, so this really looks like an undesired behavior. I would recommend opening a ticket to Microsoft support through https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home?ref=/support/requests#/support/requests in order to raise awareness on this issue.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DivyaNair ,

could you provide us with some screenshots of the Flow and the PowerApp on how you are attempting to upload the fie into the document set?

For information on creating Document Sets you can refer to this community post here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/How-to-create-document-set-using-Microsoft-Flow/t...

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi @rimatos ,

I have created the document set successfully but after creating the Document set i have copied the link to the Document set to a field and add that link to my PowerApps form so the user can navigate to the Document set by clicking the link. Till that part navigating to the Document set is working fine. But when they upload a document in the document set manually the document is actually uploading in the root library not in the Document set.

For e.g: I have uploaded a file test2.docx in the document set and you can see the message as "Uploaded item to the folder"

DivyaNair_0-1598922551053.png

But the file is actually upload in the library not inside the Document set

DivyaNair_1-1598922699671.png

rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DivyaNair ,

Can you let me know if this is only reproducible through Power apps, or if you are able to reproduce this behavior when attempting to add it directly from SharePoint?

I just created a new Document Set in my personal SharePoint library, and when Uploading the files are stored outside of the document Set.

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi @rimatos ,

That's the issue if you create a Document set manually and add a document first time it will upload out of the document set but if you refresh or navigate back to the Document Library and click the Document set and try uploading it will work.

So it is not just from the PowerApps link but it looks like a bug. A refresh is needed all the time when creating a new Document set.

Hope that make sense

Thanks

Divya N

rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DivyaNair ,

Thank you i think I understand your issue, it only happens when the document set is created the first time, and its not specific to PowerApps or Power Automate.

I did in fact try to re-upload documents on my document set and now I'm able to, so this really looks like an undesired behavior. I would recommend opening a ticket to Microsoft support through https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home?ref=/support/requests#/support/requests in order to raise awareness on this issue.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

This is fixed now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,811)