cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilR
Level: Powered On

Document doesn't update in library after approval

Good morning I created a flow using the following settings:

1 - SharePoint - When a file is created (properties only) directing to a team site and library name

2 - SharePoint - Get fiel metadata directing to same team site using file identifier

3 - Start an Approval - Type anyone from the assigned list, bespoke title with File name with extension dynamic content, assigned to me, requestor dynamic created by email, bespoke details with Created by Display name dynamic, Link to item dynamic.

4 - Condition Response is equal to Approve

5 - SharePoint Set Content approval status. If yes, site address team site and library name as in No 1, ID = ItemId dynamic, Action Approve, Comments dynamic, Etag dynamic

5a - SharePoint. Update File Properties, side address team site and library name as in No1, ItemId dynamic, Title Response.

6 - SharePoint. Set Content approval status 2.  If no, site address team site and library name as in No 1, ID = ItemId dynamic, Action Reject, Comments dynamic, Etag dynamic

7 - Outlook 365 Send an Email - To created by email, Subject bespoke and response dynamic and bespoke body.

When I run the flow checker it says there is no errors but when I upload an item I get an error saying that flow run failed.  Action Feil no dependent actions succeeded, I have a red i in Condition and Set content approval status. In the output error it states that the "the current state of the item is draft and the following action Approve cannot be implemented"

Any ideas?

Neil

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Document doesn't update in library after approval

Hi @NeilR,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

My flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

I afraid that your file has been checked out to be a draft status so the "Set Content approval status" action would run failed.

Please make sure the file is checked in before the "Set Content approval status" action runs.

Best regards,

Alice

NeilR

Hello thanks for the reply the forum is not letting me add a screenshot what do I nned to do?

NeilR

Flow1.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 160 members 5,290 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: