cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Does Power Automate support use of the Sliding Window trigger found in Azure Logic Apps?

Can I use the Sliding Window trigger in Power Automate, as described here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/connectors/connectors-native-sliding-window

If not - is there another good way to backfill data using Power Automate (i.e. schedule a daily job, but on first run, run jobs all the way back to a set StartDate)?  Like if the Recurrence trigger allowed a StartDate in the past?

Thanks,

Devin

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @devinvalenciano

Unfortunately it looks like sliding window is only in Logic Apps at this time.

A way I have done what you are looking for is:
- you can store the value of your date in another system that flow can call. For example SharePoint, or SQL using a stored procedure.

That way you only need to modify the value in SharePoint for the first run.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted

Thanks for the response!

Do you have any example Flows using the logic you describe?  I'm having trouble envisioning, but would be happy to use SharePoint or SQL as a workaround.

best,

Devin

Highlighted

Hi @devinvalenciano 

after reading your post again, I don’t know if my prof idea will work. Before I post an example, I will explain further what I am talking about.

So I have this integration where an excel file will be read with customers. And last updated fields

now there are over 100K records. And the team only wants an initial load of all customers from now until 2010, than moving forward, they want only customers that have been last updated until now and 35 days back.

In that scenario we want to do a initial load of the data. Than only check for updates to customers 35 days old moving forward.

for example this was done with SharePoint list where a value can be put into a certain list let’s say 60.

the integration runs every Monday and will now minus 60 days from an expression utcNow() using the addDays() and than a filter array will be used to only get records 60days old and newer.

sorry if this is not what you are looking for.

stay safe!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,929)