cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwan
Regular Visitor

Don't have Excel "For a selected row" trigger

Hi, I am following this YouTube tutorial on using PowerAutomate to send out specific files to specific emails. They are using this trigger for Excel called "For a selected row" but I can't seem to find that under Instant Flows...does anyone know why?

9 REPLIES 9
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @bwan 

I am seeing it in the "Excel Online for Business" but do not see it in the "Excel for OneDrive". 

Hope you are looking in the right section too.

VJR_0-1634959801137.png

Official documentation for this trigger.

Excel Online (Business) - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

The OneDrive for Business can be selected from the Location drop-down and Document Library:

2021-10-23_22-13-53.png

Ellis

bwan
Regular Visitor

Strange that I don't see "For a selected row" available to me. Maybe it is additional licensing that I need?

I only see the below

bwan_0-1635198468199.png

ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

"For a selected row" will be your trigger action:

2021-10-25_23-26-05.gif

ekarim2020_0-1635200977139.png

Excel Online (Business) - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Ellis

I don't have that available to me for some reason, do you know if it is something I have to download or somewhere to turn it on?

There isn't that option between Sharepoint and HTTP like yours and like others I have seen online:

bwan_0-1635201541152.png

ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

From what I have read, "For a selected row" is only available with the Excel Online (Business) connector.

Excel Online (OneDrive)

Excel Online (OneDrive) connection provider lets you work with Excel files stored in OneDrive. This connection provider only supports personal (MSA) accounts.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonline/

Excel Online (Business)

Excel Online (Business) connector lets you work with Excel files in document libraries supported by Microsoft Graph (OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Sites, and Office 365 Groups).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/

"For a selected row" trigger: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/#for-a-selected-row

Ellis

It appears I do have Excel Online for Business, since I see the available Actions...just cannot find the Trigger. It's blank when I search Excel

ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Try skip at the create flow screen, then manually select the trigger:

2021-10-26_00-13-27.gif

Ellis

Unfortunately I don't see the trigger available there either when doing the same thing you did. It says that it is blank...so strange. All the actions are there but the trigger is not

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,760)